MASPIA respects your privacy
Thank you for visiting the website.
maspiaproperty.com.au is a website dedicated to providing White Glove Transaction Management Services for the Retail, Medical and Commercial Property sectors.
The owners of maspiaproperty.com.au, its subsidiaries, related entities and affiliates (“maspiaproperty.com.au “, “we“, “us“, “our“) respect your privacy and we are committed to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Act“) and the Act’s Australian Privacy Principals (“APP“).
This policy (together with our terms and conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information, and how we will treat it. By continuing to use this website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information Covered by This Policy
This policy covers all personal information collected and used by maspiaproperty.com.au. In this policy, “personal information” means information or pieces of information that could identify you. This may include:
- contact information such as your name, address, telephone number or email address;
- personal professional information such as details about your business, employment, leasing history; and
- other information you provide to us to progress an application to lease available properties.
it may also include information about your IP address.
If you have any questions, queries or complaints, you can contact us:
by email at [email protected] or mail us at:
50 Raglan Street
Preston VIC 3072
- We use your personal information to allow us to provide the services you ask us for.
- We will only share your information with other companies if this is necessary to provide our service to you (for example, to prospective Landlords and property vendors). We share the minimum amount of information for the relevant purpose.
- We may send you information, offers or news about our services and those of group companies and selected partners. You may opt-out of receiving such notifications at any time.
- how and why we collect and use your personal information.
- how we use this information and to whom the information may be disclosed.
- our commitment to respecting and protecting the privacy of people who use our website and our services.
What personal information we collect and how we use it
Providing you with goods and services
We collect, hold and use your personal information for the purpose of providing the services, for purposes directly or indirectly related to the services or as permitted or required by law including in the course of:
- acting as agent for vendors or purchasers in relation to the sale of a property;
- acting as agent for owners or tenants in relation to the leasing and or valuation of a property;
- providing project management services, structured advisory services; town planning services;
- providing consulting services in relation to the property market;
- administration of our business, such as collection of outstanding amounts;
- responding to client enquiries and communicating with you from time to time
- keeping you updated on the services you have requested;
- forecasting future needs of our services and for general quality assurance and training purposes;
- engaging in legal proceedings and/or enforcing judgments and/or orders;
- complying with the applicable legal or regulatory requirements and/or orders of competent authorities;
- providing you with promotional and marketing information, including market research reports, newsletters, event invitations and/or property market information relating to our products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
We collect personal information from you in a number of ways, mainly when you contact us for services by phone, email, by completing paper or online forms or through our website and from the way you use our website. This personal information may include your name, email address, phone numbers and personal professional information about your business, employment and leasing history.
Getting to know you better
We may also collect information about you from other organisations, such as marketing agencies, real estate agencies, property valuers, from publicly available databases or other organisations you have authorised us to contact. We use this information to help us get to know you better and to enable us to provide better service.
We will use this information, as well as the other information we collect about you, to improve the quality of our website, as well as improving the personal information we hold about you and to provide the service. This helps us to understand you, so we can send you marketing messages that should be relevant to you (unless you have told us that you do not to want to receive marketing from us). We will also put this information (which does not identify you) with other information so that we can use all the information we have to help us understand our customers and prospective customers better, including helping to predict which of our services may be of interest to them. We may share your information with our marketing service providers to help us identify prospective customers.
We will not sell your information to anyone else, for any reason.
Our service providers
Sometimes we use other organisations (service providers) to help us provide our services and improve them, including for:
- sending marketing material;
- sending information about new property listings;
- carrying out market research; and
- helping us to analyse anonymous information about users.
Where we need to share information with our service providers, we give them only the minimum amount they need to provide services to us and you. Those we share your information with are not allowed to use it to try to sell their own services to you. They are all bound by privacy policies.
Information we receive and collect from other sources:
We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources, including publically available content on social media, always with the aim of improving your service to you.
When using our website
We may collect information about you as you are using our website, such as information about your browser, your location, the country you are visiting from, your IP address, which areas of our website you visit and what links you click on etc. We may use the information we collect about you, after making it anonymous, to create statistics which we then share with others including ad networks, search engines and providers of analysis services.
All the personal information we collect about you is stored by us or by our service providers on our behalf in a legally compliant manner, consistent with industry best practice.
If you no longer want to receive marketing information in a particular way, or receive any marketing at all, you can change your mind at any time. You can change your preferences by contacting us via email at [email protected] or use the unsubscribe link at the end of every marketing email we send you.
Giving information to third parties
As well as sharing your information with our group companies and giving our service providers information to help us provide services to you, we may give your information to others (third parties) in the following circumstances:
- to third party providers, contractors, consultants, agents and/or representatives (such as law firms, banks, financial institutions, insurers, IT providers) who provide services to us or on our behalf including to;
- conduct property valuations;
- debt collection agencies; and/or
- conduct market research;
- assist and provide to potential buyers, tenants, conjunctional real estate agents and brokers for the purpose for which the information was collected or to complete a transaction on your behalf or provide you with a service that you requested;
- anyone you have authorised to deal with us on your behalf;
- any of the companies within the MASPIA group and their related companies;
- If we are selling any business or assets, in which case we may give your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or asset.
- If we, or most of our assets, are taken over by a third party (as your personal information may be one of those assets).
- If we have to provide or share your personal information in order to:
- meet any legal obligation or a request from a court or the police;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others.
This may involve sharing information for the purposes of preventing fraud, carrying out identity and age-related checks and reducing credit risks.
Our website may contain links to third parties’ websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites.
Cross Border Disclosure
Personal Information may be disclosed to our service providers, including service providers which are located outside of Australia for the purpose of us providing services and marketing material to you. Except in some circumstances where we may rely on an exemption under the Act or other law, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that that the privacy of your Personal Information is addressed in any service agreement with our service providers.
The security of your personal information is very important to us, and we take all appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help protect it from being seen or shared by people or organisations not authorized to receive it. Personal Electronic Information provided to maspiaproperty.com.au will be stored on servers located in Australia. Physical copies of Personal Information provided may be kept in storage rooms with restricted access. When sending your personal information to a third party in order to provide services through our website, we will use reasonable ways of keeping your personal information secure.
How can maspiaproperty.com.au customers ensure the accuracy and rectification in regard to their Personal Information?
When Personal Information is provided to us by you, you warrant that the Personal Information given is accurate, current and complete and undertake to maintain the accuracy, currency and completeness of the Information which we retain. You also warrant that you have authority to provide this Personal Information to us.
Users can view and alter the Personal Information and preferences they have provided. The Personal Information we retain includes name, email address and past enquiries.
How can maspiaproperty.com.au customers’ information be removed from our database?
If at any stage a maspiaproperty.com.au customer would like their Personal Information removed from our database, please email: [email protected]
Copyright © 2020 All rights reserved.